10 June 2013

The Language of Success and Making Thoughtful Comments

Today we talked about writing good posts.
They need:
1. an exciting title that captures attention
2. Uses 5W+H - who, what, where, when, why, how
3. Good surface features:
- punctuation
- structure - paragraphs
- spelling
4. "Language of success"
- no text speak
- Write like you are writing for the Prime Minister

Here are some tips from Mrs Yollis' kids:

We listened to Mrs Yollis' students tell us about making good comments:


1. Compliment the writer. Everyone likes nice things said about their work.
2. Add some factual information.
3. Make a connection. Tell the writer your experiences of the same event.
4. Ask relevant questions. This makes the writer want to write more.
5. Proofread the piece for the writer.

2 comments:

  1. This post is really useful for me!
    I'm starting my blog and I think I need to follow your advice~

    Cecilia, Selwyn House

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is really useful for me!
    I think I can be a better blogger if I follow your advice

    Cecilia, Selwyn House School

    ReplyDelete